• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andrewk512

andrewk512

Thanks for posting! The long awaited Chris Young review (sadly sans Dave Arnold) was worth the wait - very thoughtful, pragmatic, and some nice ice cream science added in that I didn't know about regarding the speed of flavor release.

My favorite argument is still the one at the end of the video, and a point I have found very understated - "I could own 32 ninja creamis for the same price" - and really, for everyone except the high michelin star or highly funded kitchens, why not just own a few Ninja Creamis and dozens of canisters. There is huge production value to having countless canisters on hand (after all if you dig far enough back on these forums you can see Nathan M recommend everyone own at least 30+ pacojet containers), and you are at a big risk if you only own one pacojet (if it goes down then you are in a bind for service).

Then again I'm just a home cook, and I have no idea why I defend this device so much

(and I would still love a pacojet one day...)

andrewk512

andrewk512

Thanks for posting! The long awaited Chris Young review (sadly sans Dave Arnold) was worth the wait - very thoughtful, and some nice ice cream science added in that I didn't know about regarding the speed of flavor release.

My favorite argument is still the one at the end of the video, and a point I have found very understated - "I could own 32 ninja creamis for the same price" - and really, for everyone except the high michelin star or highly funded kitchens, why not just own a few Ninja Creamis and dozens of canisters. There is huge production value to having countless canisters on hand (after all if you dig far enough back on these forums you can see Nathan M recommend everyone own at least 30+ pacojet containers), and you are at a big risk if you only own one pacojet (if it goes down then you are in a bind for service).

Then again I'm just a home cook, and I have no idea why I defend this device so much

andrewk512

andrewk512

Thanks for posting! The long awaited Chris Young review (sadly sans Dave Arnold) was worth the wait - very thoughtful, and some nice ice cream science added in that I didn't know about regarding the speed of flavor release.

My favorite argument is still the one at the end of the video, and a point I have found very understated - "I could own 32 ninja creamis for the same price" - and really, for everyone except the high michelin star or highly funded kitchens, why not just own a few Ninja Creamis and dozens of canisters. There is huge production value to having countless canisters on hand, and you are at a big risk if you only own one pacojet (if it goes down then you are in a bind for service).