• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

I have a 7 or 8 year old foodsaver, no chamber sealer (yet?).  My fridge has a quick-chill drawer with fan that will be perfect to cool things down. 

Let us know if you notice a difference with the vacuumed base.  My wootcreami arrived yesterday, 11 days earlier than expected, and sadly I don't have time until the actual expected delivery day to play with it.  Meantime I should probably order some exotic ingredients like gums and add ins I suppose - take the easy route and go with the modernist pantry mixes, or pick up individual types mentioned in MC and member Paul Raphael's web log?

jedovaty

jedovaty

I have a 7 or 8 year old foodsaver, no chamber sealer (yet?).  My fridge has a quick-chill drawer with fan that will be perfect to cool things down. 

Let us know if you notice a difference with the vacuumed base.  My wootcreami arrived yesterday, 11 days earlier than expected, and sadly I don't have time until the actual expected delivery day to play with it.  Meantime I should probably order some of those gums and add ins I suppose - take the easy route and go with the modernist pantry mixes, or pick up individual types mentioned in MC and member Paul Raphael's web log?