• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

Here is the report on peanut butter salted caramel with half sugar half erythritol/monk fruit blend.  Spun yesterday afternoon on Lite Ice Cream.  It was very smooth and soft-serve like consistency.  Later that night (shown, with a banana) it was harder but still soft.  This morning it was nice and solid but easily scoopable.  It seemed a bit icy, but I only had one spoonful so I will see tonight.  Now the taste was very sweet, which I did not expect.  So I may have to adjust the sugars.  The good news is that by blending real sugar with the erythritol I did not detect any artificial. "not quite right" sweetness.  It tasted like all sugar.

nc-pbcarahalf-scoop.jpg.fbf254d64341e85e5e46dcf7ebddfe95.jpg

mgaretz

mgaretz

Here is the report on peanut butter salted caramel with half sugar half erythritol/monk fruit blend.  Spun yesterday afternoon on Lite Ice Cream.  It was very smooth and soft-serve like consistency.  Laster that night (shown, with a banana) it was harder.  This morning it was nice and solid but easily scoopable.  It seemed a bit icy, but I only had one spoonful so I will see tonight.  Now the taste was very sweet, which I did not expect.  So I may have to adjust the sugars.  The good news is that by blending real sugar with the erythritol I did not detect any artifical. "not quite right" sweetness.  It tasted like all sugar.

nc-pbcarahalf-scoop.jpg.fbf254d64341e85e5e46dcf7ebddfe95.jpg