• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

No, although I looked through underbelly several times over the past few weeks, for some reason I totally missed both the article and his post!  Thank you!!

Yes, absolutely try with pomegranate!  A friend gave me several pomegranates from his tree and I tried to make molasses from it to put on the ice cream, and I totally messed up by trying to take a short cut and run it all through my juicer.  Ended up "juicing" the pith and seeds, so the resulting reduction of the juice was quite awful.  Next time, will use a manual food mill to juice them.

EDIT: no wonder I missed it, the article is recent! Cool!

Edit #2: I have everything but trehalose and gum arabic.  🤦‍♂️  So close!

jedovaty

jedovaty

No, although I looked through underbelly several times over the past few weeks, for some reason I totally missed both the article and his post!  Thank you!!

Yes, absolutely try with pomegranate!  A friend gave me several pomegranates from his tree and I tried to make molasses from it to put on the ice cream, and I totally messed up by trying to take a short cut and run it all through my juicer.  Ended up "juicing" the pith and seeds, so the resulting reduction of the juice was quite awful.  Next time, will use a manual food mill to juice them.

EDIT: no wonder I missed it, the article is recent! Cool!

jedovaty

jedovaty