• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cdh

cdh

14 hours ago, andrewk512 said:

Yeah I wrote a comment that they should've tried the Lite Ice Cream function, I figure they are just looking to prove to chefs that a Pacojet is still needed in a commercial kitchen though. I could see people trying to run small kitchens with a Creami

I have 5 containers. I'd be open to trying it but then what do I do with 5 pints of the same ice cream? 😛

(And I still have to fulfill my promise to spin frozen orgeat...)

Yeah... the review has a slightly biased feeling to it.  "Yeah, it kinda works, but THE REALLY GOOD STUFF comes from the machine 30x the price..."  The fact that they admitted it works counts as a real win for Ninja, I think.  And chef-guy's admission he bought one for his home kitchen too.

cdh

cdh

13 hours ago, andrewk512 said:

Yeah I wrote a comment that they should've tried the Lite Ice Cream function, I figure they are just looking to prove to chefs that a Pacojet is still needed in a commercial kitchen though. I could see people trying to run small kitchens with a Creami

I have 5 containers. I'd be open to trying it but then what do I do with 5 pints of the same ice cream? 😛

(And I still have to fulfill my promise to spin frozen orgeat...)

Yeah... the review has a slightly biased feeling to it.  "Yeah, it kinda works, but THE REALLY GOOD STUFF comes from the machine 30x the price..."  The fact that they admitted it works counts as a real win for Ninja, I think.