• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

31 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I don't think you are supposed to re-spin except right after spinning.  Try setting your freezer to a colder temperature if you can.

You can respin (on the original setting) if it gets hard after re-freezing, according to the manual (look in the recipe guide, second page in the middle under "What to do about leftovers").  I have definitely done this on my low/zero sugar experiments.  Fine after the initial spin, then rock hard the next day.  After a second spin then it stays soft from that point on.  Note this is not the "re-spin" cycle which used if it's crumbly after the initial spin.  This is a second spin the next day on the  original cycle.

mgaretz

mgaretz

20 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I don't think you are supposed to re-spin except right after spinning.  Try setting your freezer to a colder temperature if you can.

You can respin (on the original setting) if it gets hard after re-freezing, according to the manual (look in the recipe guide, second page in the middle under "What to do about leftovers").  I have definitely done this on my low/zero sugar experiments.  Fine after the initial spin, then rock hard the next day.  After a second spin then it stays soft from that point on.  Note this is not the "re-spin" cycle which used if it's crumbly after the initial spin.