• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

And her gravy, under the influence of an English husband, was always Bisto,

When I was first married, I couldn't make biscuits to save my soul. I made some of the best hockey pucks you ever saw. Then after I had been married about a year, a girl from Oklahoma moved in next door. She made gorgeous biscuits, breakfast lunch and dinner. So I asked for her Secret and she reached into the cupboard and pulled out a box of Bisquick. From then on I could make great biscuits. Then I moved to Costa Rica where there was no Bisquick and it was back to hockey pucks until I finally got the hang of it. Now I'm kind of famous for my good biscuits but it's funny how we rely on some ready-mades because they're a lot better than we could possibly make on our own.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

And her gravy, under the influence of an English husband, was always Bisto,

When I was first married, I couldn't make biscuits to save my soul. I made some of the best hockey pucks you ever saw. Then after I had been married about a year oh, a girl from Oklahoma moved in next door. She made gorgeous biscuits, breakfast lunch and dinner. So I asked for her Secret and she reached into the cupboard and pulled out a box of Bisquick. From then on I could make great biscuits. Then I moved to Costa Rica where there was no Bisquick and it was back to hockey pucks until I finally got the hang of it. Now I'm kind of famous for my good biscuits but it's funny how we rely on some ready-mades because they're a lot better than we could possibly make on our own.