• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Addition

Very interesting article. Going through the list I have, at one time or another, had all of them. I have given away or pitched all but three.

1. I love my cheap little Citrus Juicer. I think it cost me about $12.

2. I use my coffee grinder all the time, but I only use it for spices.

3. I have a pasta machine with attachments and probably the only reason that I keep it was that it was a gift from my daughter and I don't know anyone dumb enough to want it. I used it all the time when we couldn't buy good pasta here but now we can, and I don't.

I traded my bread machine for a KitchenAid stand mixer and now I get perfect bread all the time.

Before I buy any Appliance or Gadget now, I ask myself two questions. How many ways can I use it and where the heck am I going to put it. One or the other usually stops me dead in my tracks.

However, I saw one little Gadget the other day that was sure tempting. A beautiful little red toaster just for making hot dogs. It had two holes in the middle for the hot dogs, and bigger slots on each end for hot dog buns. Decided it wasn't practical for me because there are three of us. Then too, there is the fact that we don't eat hot dogs but it sure was a pretty red thing.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Very interesting article. Going through the list I have, at one time or another, had all of them. I have given away or pitched all but three.

1. I love my cheap little Citrus Juicer. I think it cost me about $12.

2. I use my coffee grinder all the time, but I only use it for spices.

3. I have a pasta machine with attachments and probably the only reason that I keep it was that it was a gift from my daughter and I don't know anyone dumb enough to want it. I used it all the time when we couldn't buy good pasta here but now we can, and I don't.

I traded my bread machine for a KitchenAid stand mixer and now I get perfect bread all the time.

Before I buy any Appliance or Gadget now, I ask myself two questions. How many ways can I use it and where the heck am I going to put it. One or the other usually stops me dead in my tracks.

However, I saw one little Gadget the other day that was sure tempting. A beautiful little red toaster just for making hot dogs. It had two holes in the middle for the hot dogs, and bigger slots on each end for hot dog buns. Decided it wasn't practical for me because there are three of us.