• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 hours ago, mgaretz said:

I have one, only used it a few times and it's been in a drawer for many years.  I use my wooden "spoontula" (a word I just made up) that I bought at an Asian grocery years ago for stir-fries, but II use it for almost everything in a pan or wok.

I do the same, but mine are metal. We call them 铲子 (chǎn zi) or just (chǎn), but I'll happily go along with "spoontula". This one is 30 inches / 76 cm long. Sort of like a remote  control!

20210506_090845.thumb.jpg.157905035ae38f9051c97fcd3cd312e0.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 hours ago, mgaretz said:

I have one, only used it a few times and it's been in a drawer for many years.  I use my wooden "spoontula" (a word I just made up) that I bought at an Asian grocery years ago for stir-fries, but II use it for almost everything in a pan or wok.

I do the same, but mine are metal. We call them 铲子 (chǎn zi) or just (chǎn), but I'll happily go along with "spoontula". This one is 30 inches /76 cm long. Sort of like a remote  control!

20210506_090845.thumb.jpg.157905035ae38f9051c97fcd3cd312e0.jpg