• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

I do some sugar cookies where I roll the dough into balls and dip into the sanding sugar.  Place on the baking sheet and press down slightly with the bottom of a glass to flatten.  To me, that is the best way of getting even, full coverage.  The sugar ends up pressed into the top of the cooky, but is not mixed into the cooky.  Hope this helps.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

I do some sugar cookies where I roll into balls and dip into the sanding sugar.  Place on the baking sheet and press down slightly with the bottom of a glass to flatten.  To me, that is the best way of getting even, full coverage.  The sugar ends up pressed into the top of the cooky, but is not mixed into the cooky.  Hope this helps.