• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

6 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Misfits box yesterday.  Was a bit nervous.  Wind chills were below zero, but nothing harmed at all in the box.  They subbed a few things again.  One tiny complaint is when they do that I wish they'd tell me what they sent (I think they are rutabagas???  They are the far right items in the first picture.  Kind of look like big turnips too...). 

thumbnail_IMG_0535.jpg.1ec9ba0354b7b874802a7b7a6e5d7335.jpg

The pink color in the root makes me think those are watermelon radishes. They get pretty big sometimes.

I never get past putting them in salads and making pickles, but I understand they can be cooked as well.

Those are some lovely looking tomatoes for February!

dtremit

dtremit

3 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Misfits box yesterday.  Was a bit nervous.  Wind chills were below zero, but nothing harmed at all in the box.  They subbed a few things again.  One tiny complaint is when they do that I wish they'd tell me what they sent (I think they are rutabagas???  They are the far right items in the first picture.  Kind of look like big turnips too...). 

thumbnail_IMG_0535.jpg.1ec9ba0354b7b874802a7b7a6e5d7335.jpg

The pink color in the root makes me think those are watermelon radishes. They get pretty big sometimes.

I never get past putting them in salads and making pickles, but I understand they can be cooked as well.