• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

PolyScience has been doing some instagram teases. At first I thought this might just be the first time this is coming to this part of the world, but it seems to be a whole new product. Immersion circulator with networking, touchscreen, and probe. But they're being sly and using the product name in the hashtags if people pay attention. The design reminds me a lot of the Anova premium model.

The probe is interesting, though, and they'll sell little sticker blocks you attach to the outside of your bags, then drive the probe through to maintain integrity.

index.jpg.58be4b6f89d0e50c799cfbee0cec7a54.jpg

i also like that it looks like you can use it in a shallow pan. they show it off being used with some ramekins, or a probe driven through a terrine lid , with the bath coming up to the lip. kind of a fun idea, though i doubt i'll be able to afford this guy for home use. :)

there are a bunch of press photos on their flickr account here

the instruction manual is up on the fcc 

i wonder if they were planning on launching this much earlier this year and got delayed because of the pandemic...it looks like their HACCP iOS app was uploaded in december of last year and updated with explicit references to this product all the way back in may

jimb0

jimb0

PolyScience has been doing some instagram teases. At first I thought this might just be the first time this is coming to this part of the world, but it looks like a whole new product. Immersion circulator with networking, touchscreen, and probe. The design reminds me a lot of the Anova premium model. But they're being sly and using the product name in the hashtags if people pay attention.

The probe is interesting, though, and it looks like they'll sell little sticker blocks you attach to the outside of your bags, then drive the probe through to maintain integrity.

index.jpg.58be4b6f89d0e50c799cfbee0cec7a54.jpg

i also like that it looks like you can use it in a shallow pan. they show it off being used with some ramekins, or a probe driven through a terrine lid , with the bath coming up to the lip. kind of a fun idea, though i doubt i'll be able to afford this guy for home use. :)

there are a bunch of press photos on their flickr account here

the instruction manual is up on the fcc 

i wonder if they were planning on launching this much earlier this year and got delayed because of the pandemic...it looks like their HACCP iOS app was uploaded in december of last year and updated with explicit references to this product all the way back in may