• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

15 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Not a chance in hell that I’m going to eat a tuna salad but a salmon salad with some LGD was doable. As for the olives, I have to agree that even someone who doesn’t like olives would tolerate these. I don’t know if that is a compliment or not. 

I don’t want to be the one person who is being disagreeable but truth be told I am not convinced that LGD is even close to being life-changing. The mint comes through loud and clear but not much else. I will try it on a couple of other things before I conclude that my taste buds are not up to the task.

What did you think of the Castelvetrano olives?  Do they get tossed into the same bucket of unpalatability as other green olives?  Edited to add:  Nevermind, I went back and saw your comment!

Since you've got the stuff in your fridge, and if you are still open to trying it on a few other things, I recommend that green butter on asparagus or another green vegetable of your preference.  Given @Kerry Beal's positive potato experience, you might try that, either hot, or per Vivian's suggestion as a potato salad.  Finally, I think you've made the Momofuku ranch dressing so I'd be very curious how the LGD goes ranch version compares.  I think the butter, potato or ranch dressing components might mellow the flavors a bit.  Ditto for a cheese toastie or grilled cheese type thing. 

I didn't think LGD was going to be of much interest to someone with rather selective tolerance for 2 of the main ingredients but I'm glad you were able to try it out through the efforts of the good Dr. Beal and to report back on your findings!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Not a chance in hell that I’m going to eat a tuna salad but a salmon salad with some LGD was doable. As for the olives, I have to agree that even someone who doesn’t like olives would tolerate these. I don’t know if that is a compliment or not. 

I don’t want to be the one person who is being disagreeable but truth be told I am not convinced that LGD is even close to being life-changing. The mint comes through loud and clear but not much else. I will try it on a couple of other things before I conclude that my taste buds are not up to the task.

What did you think of the Castelvetrano olives?  Do they get tossed into the same bucket of unpalatability as other green olives?

Since you've got the stuff in your fridge, and if you are still open to trying it on a few other things, I recommend that green butter on asparagus or another green vegetable of your preference.  Given @Kerry Beal's positive potato experience, you might try that, either hot, or per Vivian's suggestion as a potato salad.  Finally, I think you've made the Momofuku ranch dressing so I'd be very curious how the LGD goes ranch version compares.  I think the butter, potato or ranch dressing components might mellow the flavors a bit.  Ditto for a cheese toastie or grilled cheese type thing. 

I didn't think LGD was going to be of much interest to someone with rather selective tolerance for 2 of the main ingredients but I'm glad you were able to try it out through the efforts of the good Dr. Beal and to report back on your findings!