• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

The best news to come out of the pandemic is that chocolate is now on sale. If you have any contacts at Valrhona, ask them about overstock. They have a lot of whites plus some of the inspirations at deep discount due to being close to the sell by date. Shipping from Brooklyn would be much gentler on you east coasters. (I bought 6 assorted bags for approx $400 including $100 second day air shipping. But with cooler weather and shorter distance you could risk ground shipping) 

AUI also has some Felchlin on sale and I believe they’ve lowered their shipping minimum to $150. The container was already at sea when COVID started, then they lost all their summer hotel & cruise ship customers. 

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

The best news to come out of the pandemic is that chocolate is now on sale. If you have any contacts at Valrhona, ask them about overstock. They have a lot of whites plus some of the inspirations at deep discount due to being close to the sell by date. Shipping from Brooklyn would be much gentler on you east coasters. (I bought 6 assorted bags for approx $400 including $100 second day air shipping. But with cooler weather and shorter distance you could risk ground shipping) 

AUI also has some Felchlin on sale and I believe they’ve lowered their shipping minimum to $150. The container was already at sea when COVID started and all their summer hotel & cruise customers werent buying.