• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

54 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I love the pun, cross my heart. ;) I occasionally go for chicken breast in the interest of reduced fat. Then I undermine the whole thing by mixing it with heavy amounts of mayonnaise and various seasonings to make a chicken salad, or slather bread with mayo for chicken sandwiches. My latest sous-vide chicken breasts are still sitting in their unopened package, so I have some to play with for this. It might even be lower-fat!

If you do them as @liuzhou does with his numerical formula where they barely simmer and then poach in the hot liquid I am ok. Chicken quality a factor as well.  It is funny that "a chicken in every pot" was referring more to the rarity of slaughtering a chicken as a treat/luxury because why kill an egg source on your farm.. As to added fat - all those skinnny socialites and actors were eating mayo heavy chicken salad at Bullocks watching the fashion shows. https://laist.com/2016/07/12/wilshire_bullocks.php

heidih

heidih

41 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I love the pun, cross my heart. ;) I occasionally go for chicken breast in the interest of reduced fat. Then I undermine the whole thing by mixing it with heavy amounts of mayonnaise and various seasonings to make a chicken salad, or slather bread with mayo for chicken sandwiches. My latest sous-vide chicken breasts are still sitting in their unopened package, so I have some to play with for this. It might even be lower-fat!

If you do them as @liuzhou does with his numerical formula where they barely simmer and then poach in the hot liquid I am ok. Chicken quality a factor as well.  It is funny that "a chicken in every pot" was referring more to the rarity of slaughtering a chicken as a treat/luxury because why kill an egg source on your farm.. As to added fat - all thse skinnnny socialites and actor were eating mayo heavy chicken salad at Bullocks watching the fashion shows. https://laist.com/2016/07/12/wilshire_bullocks.php