• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Typo

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I know the "green gunk" in lobsters, their roe, is tasty. I don't know about eating any of it raw and I forgot to ask during my chat this morning. I included it in the pasta dish and it may have added something, but can't say with any certainty. 

I always understood that green stuff to be the lobsters equivalent of a liver and I know there have been warnings that because it filters out various poisons it is not wise to eat it anymore. I’m prepared to be shot down by anyone!

I thought lobster roe was pink. 

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I know the "green gunk" in lobsters, their roe, is tasty. I don't know about eating any of it raw and I forgot to ask during my chat this morning. I included it in the pasta dish and it may have added something, but can't say with any certainty. 

I always understood that green stuff to be the lobsters equivalent of a liver and I know there have been warnings that because it filters out various poisons it is not wise to eat it anymore. I’m prepared to be shot down by anyone!

I thought lobster roe it was pink.