• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to correct time

I've been impressed recently as I watch people creating other ways to share their love of food and cooking in these days when in-person activities are curtailed or prohibited entirely so I'm starting this thread to call out and discuss some of the new options for online learning and social interactions.   I'd love to see what others have found.  

David Lebovitz had to cancel his book tour for his new book, Drinking French, and has been doing delightful Instagram Live "Happy Hour" posts.  They are live from Paris at 6 PM. Since that's 9 AM here, it's a bit early for even me to think of cocktails but he has them up on his regular feed so they can be enjoyed later - I've been "saving" them for a nightcap!  I think this is the first one and if you click on that "View Channel" button, you can see the rest.  Today is going to be a Chocolate Frappé. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I've been impressed recently as I watch people creating other ways to share their love of food and cooking in these days when in-person activities are curtailed or prohibited entirely so I'm starting this thread to call out and discuss some of the new options for online learning and social interactions.   I'd love to see what others have found.  

David Lebovitz had to cancel his book tour for his new book, Drinking French, and has been doing delightful Instagram Live "Happy Hour" posts.  They are live from Paris and 8 AM is a bit early for even me to think of cocktails but he has them up on his regular feed so they can be enjoyed later - I've been "saving" them for a nightcap!  I think this is the first one and if you click on that "View Channel" button, you can see the rest.  Today is going to be a Chocolate Frappé.