• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

@mumkin I'm actually happy to get the stuff that lives on top of the pot rack (which is hard to reach) into a cabinet because they get a fine film of aerosolized oil on them due to their lack of use.  The pot rack holds 10 pans, of which I use 4-5 very regularly.  One of the pans it holds is a 14 year old giant All-Clad wok which has been probably been used less than 5 times on account that it is terrible.  I'll probably look into selling it on ebay before I move.  Depending on how much cabinet space we'll wind up having and how we'll split it between pantry and cookware, some of the cookware will either live in a closet in another room or the closet in the other room will be the pantry...   the kitchen design makes it so there really are no sides to the cabinets either - except for 1, which is part of the "hallway"...

Edit: the "other room" would be the bedroom....

KennethT

KennethT

@mumkin I'm actually happy to get the stuff that lives on top of the pot rack (which is hard to reach) into a cabinet because they get a fine film of aerosolized oil on them due to their lack of use.  The pot rack holds 10 pans, of which I use 4-5 very regularly.  One of the pans it holds is a 14 year old giant All-Clad wok which has been probably been used less than 5 times on account that it is terrible.  I'll probably look into selling it on ebay before I move.  Depending on how much cabinet space we'll wind up having and how we'll split it between pantry and cookware, some of the cookware will either live in a closet in another room or the closet in the other room will be the pantry...   the kitchen design makes it so there really are no sides to the cabinets either - except for 1, which is part of the "hallway"...