• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Building a Fermentation Chamber

raptorsfan

Hi all.  I'm still reading through and am inspired by The Noma Guide to Fermentation by David Zilber and Rene Redzepi.  I'm interested in building the fermentation chamber using the instructions from the book for the larger model using the speed rack, and to use it to grow koji as well as all the different types of ferments listed.

Have any of you built your own?  I live close to a restaurant supply store so getting the small speed rack and cover won't be an issue.  I've browsed through reddit and going with inkbird for the thermostat/humidistadt seems to be the way to go.  However I've read many opinions on which heater and humidifier to purchase.  Can anyone direct me to what to buy and for any additional information?

Thanks for the time!