• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

As far as bovine go, an aged (8 weeks is preferred) Rib eye wit the largest piece of Deckle I can get (and if I am friends with the butcher, just give me the entire deckle!) is easily my most desired piece of meat.

Not far behind are veal sweetbreads.  Seared crisp on the outside and still decadently creamy on the inside.  A truffle and foie sauce should also accompany it!

Nothing else touches those two, but I will also (quite) happily enjoy well executed pork belly, calves liver, beef cheeks, chicken legs (and backs!) and cow tongue.

TicTac

TicTac

As far as bovine go, an aged (8 weeks is preferred) Rib eye wit the largest piece of Deckle I can get (and if I am friends with the butcher, just give me the entire deckle!) is easily my most prized piece of meet.

Not far behind are veal sweetbreads.  Seared crisp on the outside and still decadently creamy on the inside.  A truffle and foie sauce should also accompany it!

Nothing else touches those two, but I will also (quite) happily enjoy well executed pork belly, calves liver, beef cheeks, chicken legs (and backs!) and cow tongue.