• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Im looking for The True Unadulterated Experience  of BB.

I decided to have one Burger Plain now.

BM1.thumb.jpg.a6d8e138b13ec5e0be9c4b7de731efab.jpg

the opened package

BM2.jpg.671eed1c717044be7aac1b3fbd8cae69.jpg

there is Sizzle !

BM3.thumb.jpg.444313957f94ef04530bcb6995aed31b.jpg

flipped @ 3 min.  package says 4 minutes a side.   note : some brown bits !

BM4.thumb.jpg.2ef3704f896081f5e4b3e0b8fd35df5a.jpg

the spatula after the flip.    ' drippings '  not bad.  no pea flavor so far

BM5.thumb.jpg.0233642f7c903539d55602835aa6f686.jpg

On the lightly toasted i.e. warmed up plain biroche bun.    note the ' cracklings '

BM6.thumb.jpg.95e847044f01c31667045f5d1116f28f.jpg

the cut burger.  no red beet juice bleeding.  3 min a side.  package says 4.

I was surprised that this tasted a lot more like beef than the IF @ BK.  granted that's a FF version.

the burger was not juicy , was a bit dry , but not overly so.   it tasted like beef much more than IF.

and the browned bits were tasty.

this still is not going to be a threat to BigBeef.

the back of the package says many interesting things , and a note from the Founder :

"we hope our plant based meats [sic] allow you and your family to eat more , not less of the traditional dishes you love.while feeling great about the 

health , sustainability and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. " my italics 

this burger costs $ 11 / lbs.   at a high end supermarket chain very near me , RocheBros.  Family owned with a fine meat service counter:

has 85 % ground beef  ( chuck )  ground regularly though out the day , that has real beef flavor,  

Its $ 7.00 a pound .   If I want a beef burger , Im happy to cook their meat

rare  .  the extra 4 $ a lbs  for BMt  I feel is a waste of  $ 4  with still a big sacrifice of flavor.

very very very few people, these days, would have that extra $ 4   , so that they can purchase some  ' feeling good "  food.

but there is a crowd that can afford to go out to eat and  order an egg white omelette in a restaurant.  This Beef is for You !

none the less , hype aside , Im pleased I tried this.    Full Burger Treatment for the remaining puck later today.

and  there are minimal lingering flavors on the palate w this puck , and those that linger are not offensive.

no Hoponius Uninon  Ice Cold right now.  after Eperiment # 2 :  for sure.

rotuts

rotuts

the opened package

there is Sizzle !

flipped @ 3 min.  package says 4 minutes a side.   note : some brown bits !

On the lightly toasted i.e. warmed up plain biroche bun.    note the ' cracklings '

I was surprised that this tasted a lot more like beef than the IF @ BK.  granted that's a FF version.

the burger was not juicy , was a bit dry , but not overly so.   it tasted like beef much more than IF.

the back of the package says many interesting things , and a note from the Founder :

"we hope our plant based meats [sic] allow you and your family to eat more , not less of the traditional dishes you love.while feeling great about the 

health , sustainability and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. " my italics 

this burger costs $ 11 / lbs.   at a high end supermarket chain very near me , RocheBros.  Family owned with a fine meat service counter:

has 85 % ground beef  ( chuck )  ground regularly though out the day , that has real beef flavor,  

rare  .  the extra 4 $ a lbs  for BMt  I feel is a waste of  $ 4  with still a big sacrifice of flavor.

very very very few people these days world have that extra $ 4   , so that they can purchase some  ' feeling good " food.

but there is a crowd that an afford to order an egg white omelette in a restaurant.  This Beef is for You !

none the less , hype aside , Im pleased I tried this.    Full Burger Treatment for the remaining puck later today.

and  there are minimal lingering flavors on the palate w this puck , and those that linger are not offensive.

rotuts

rotuts

the opened package

the is Sizzle !

flipped @ 3 min.  package says 4 minutes a side  note : some brown bits !

On the lightly toasted i.e. warmed up lain biroche bun.  note the   note the ' cracklings '

"we hope our plant based meats [sic] allow you and your family to eat more , not less of the traditional dished you love.while feeling great about the 

this burger costs $ 11 / a lbs.   at a high end supermarket chain very near me , RocheBros.  Family owned with a fine meat service counter:

very very very few people in this days world have that extra $ 4   , so that they can purchase some  ' feeling good " food.

rotuts

rotuts

the opened package

the is Sizzle !

flipped @ 3 min.  package says 4 minutes a side  note : some brown bits !

On the lightly toasted i.e. warmed up lain biroche bun.  note the   note the ' cracklings '

the back of the package says many interesting things , from the Founder :

"we hope our plant based meats [sic] allow you and your family to eat more , not less of the traditional dished you love.while feeling great about the 

this burger costs $ 11 / an lbs.   at a high end supermarket chain very near me , RocheBros.  Family owned the meat service counter

has 85 % ground beef  ( chuck )  ground regularly though out the day , that has real beef flavor,   If I want a beef burger , I happy to cook their meat

rare  .  the extra 4 $ a lbs  for BMt  I feel is a waste of the $ 4  and a big sacrifice of flavor.

very very very few people in this days world have that extra $ 4   , so that they can purchase some  ' feeling goof " time

none the less , hype aside , I pleased I tried this.    Full Burger Treatment for the remaining puck later today.