• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Verb tense

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

That is almost always my problem! 

I have forced myself to select three recipes that I think I’m prepared to attempt:

Macanese meat and potato also known as minchi

The Vietnamese meatball lettuce wrap.

The mushroom pork omelette. 

But I’d also like to make a chicken thigh recipe. It’s just a matter of choosing one. 

Sudbury has most things unless you want to wander into the ethnic world in which case you are unlikely to find much. There does not seem to be much in the way of Asian or Mexican  ingredients. On the other hand it now has a Costco, a HomeSense and most of the Ontario grocery stores seem to have a branch in Sudbury.  There are also a number of thrift stores of which our favourite is “PetSave ReTAIL Thrift Shop & Collectibles”.   We can almost guarantee that we get some quality time with one or three cats in there!

I don’t think you need a CSO to cook bacon since I used the convection function which is available on most ovens. At home I do it in the Breville toaster oven. 

I just realized that all of the recipes I chose are based on ground pork. I may have to revisit that decision. 

Edited to add:  and of course a  cannabis outlet.

Anna N

Anna N

Verb tense

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I have forced myself to select three recipes that I think I’m prepared to attempt:

But I’d also like to make a chicken thigh recipe. It’s just a matter of choosing one. 

Sudbury has most things unless you want to wander into the ethnic world in which case you are unlikely to find much. There does not seem to be much in the way of Asian or Mexican  ingredients. On the other hand it now has a Costco, a HomeSense and most of the Ontario grocery stores seem to have a branch in Sudbury.  There are also a number of thrift stores of which our favourite is “PetSave ReTAIL Thrift Shop & Collectibles”.   We can almost guarantee that we get some quality time with one or three cats in there!

I don’t think you need a CSO to cook bacon since I used the convection function which is available on most ovens. At home I do it in the Breville toaster oven. 

I just realized that all of the recipes I chose are based on ground pork. I may have to revisit that decision. 

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I just realize that all of the recipes I chose are based on ground pork. I may have to revisit that decision.