• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

So on Kerry’s orders and to help out @Smithy, I tried reheating some fries in the CSO.  Bearing in mind that these were not the best fries to begin with I believe I brought them back to their less than perfect state by re-heating them  for 10 minutes at 325°F using the steam/bake function. The convection/bake works neither better nor worse in this oven than it does in any countertop  oven. The secret is the steam/bake function. Yes it is counterintuitive to think that steam/bake would crisp anything up but take my word for it.  Fries or fried chicken same thing ——steam/bake. 

55C83B09-4DA2-41B3-8548-136841F01B81.jpeg

Edited to add that I used the tray that came with the oven and lined it with foil and put it into the toast position.

Anna N

Anna N

So on Kerry’s orders and to help out @Smithy, I tried reheating some fries in the CSO.  Bearing in mind that these were not the best fries to begin with I believe I brought them back to their less than perfect state by re-heating them  for 10 minutes at 325°F using the steam/bake function. The convection/bake works neither better nor worse in this oven than it does in any countertop  oven. The secret is the steam/bake function. Yes it is counterintuitive to think that steam/bake would crisp anything up but take my word for it.  Fries or fried chicken same thing ——steam/bake. 

55C83B09-4DA2-41B3-8548-136841F01B81.jpeg