• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kostbill

kostbill

@Kerry Beal, you are probably right. I just used pectinex that I had in my pantry for about a year, and it worked!

I sous vide orange juice and strawberry mush for about an hour at 35 degrees and then I strained them and passed them through coffee filters.

The yield was low but remarkably clear!

I had some problems with the filters. I think I should use Chemex which are stronger.

Anyway I am going to use some other product now. I am about to buy vinoferm zymex and some other enzymes and compare.

In a very utopian future, I will buy a centrifuge, but I am not a chef or anything, and perhaps spending 2.5k for a centrifuge may not worth it.

kostbill

kostbill

@Kerry Beal, you are probably right. I just used pectinex that I had in my pantry for about a year, and it worked!

I sous vide orange juice and strawberry mush for about an hour at 35 degrees and then I strained it and passed them through coffee filters.

The yield was low but remarkably clear!

I had some problems with the filters. I think I should use Chemex which are stronger.

Anyway I am going to use some other product now. I am about to buy vinoferm zymex and some other enzymes and compare.

In a very utopian future, I will buy a centrifuge, but I am not a chef or anything, and perhaps spending 2.5k for a centrifuge may not worth it.