• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

edited because I included wrong quote

@blue_dolphin

I'm more inclined to just leave it on my plate uneaten but if asked, I absolutely explain, calmly and pleasantly, why I didn't eat it.   If the server doesn't ask, I let it go and chalk it up to a learning experience. 

IMHO, most restaurants want to and think they are sending out good product.    I have trouble bringing to their attention that they aren't.    Most of the time, tables around us are happily chomping down the same plate I am leaving.    Usually I just chalk it up to my choosing the wrong restaurant.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

@blue_dolphin

I'm with the majority who don't want to bring negative energy to the whole table but I've politely asked if there's a way that a barely tepid soup could be warmed up.  

IMHO, most restaurants want to and think they are sending out good product.    I have trouble bringing to their attention that they aren't.    Most of the time, tables around us are happily chomping down the same plate I am leaving.    Usually I just chalk it up to my choosing the wrong restaurant.