• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

On 5/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

I wonder how popular their previous commercial unit was?

Apparently popular enough to warrant a new one.

AnovaPro.PNG

I was intrigued by that one too. In their blog post introducing the new one, they say the old one was a flop. I believe it was just the Anova lab circulator. You could find it on lab equipment sites, but I never saw it marketed to cooks or sold on kitchen sites.

My only guess is that people want something more compact. This looks more like the original PolyScience ... not something you stick in a drawer when you're done.

paulraphael

paulraphael

On 5/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

I wonder how popular their previous commercial unit was?

Apparently popular enough to warrant a new one.

AnovaPro.PNG

I was intrigued by that one too. In their blog post introducing the new one, they say the old one was a flop. I believe it was just the Anova lab circulator. You could find it on lab equipment sites, but I never saw it marketed to cooks or sold on kitchen sites.