• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

7 hours ago, cdh said:

Isn't Anova a lab equipment maker too?  I thought I remembered hearing that when they introduced their first models way back when.

Kinda sorta. Anova was originally a lab equipment company. After they developed their first culinary circulator, they spun off the division as Anova Culinary. This was later bought by Electrolux (but seems to remain independently run). For a minute there may have been some kind of relationship between Anova and Anova Culinary (the original Anova Pro culinary circulator was identical to the lab model). 

But now I can't find any evidence of the original company existing anymore. They're still listed on some lab suppliers' sites, but generally as unavailable. 

The wikipedia article on the company makes no reference to the original lab equipment company, which seems odd. 

paulraphael

paulraphael

6 hours ago, cdh said:

Isn't Anova a lab equipment maker too?  I thought I remembered hearing that when they introduced their first models way back when.

Kinda sorta. Anova was originally a lab equipment company. After they developed their first culinary circulator, they spun off the division as Anova Culinary. This was later bought by Electrolux (but seems to remain independently run). For a minute there seemed to be some kind of relationship between Anova and Anova Culinary (the original Anova Pro culinary circulator was identical to the lab model). 

But now I can't find any evidence of the original company existing anymore. They're still listed on some lab suppliers' sites, but generally as unavailable. 

The wikipedia article on the company makes no reference to the original lab equipment company, which seems odd.