• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

So I just got my guitar cutter, and I made a framed ganache of Valrhona Guanaja on top of a hazelnut praliné.  I put a chablon on it (both sides), but when I cut it with the guitar, the chablon cracked and ruined a lot of the little squares.  

What is the secret to getting a chablon that I can cleanly cut?  Do I need to use untempered chocolate? Is my layer too thick?

IMG_2670.jpg

Bentley

Bentley

So I just got my guitar cutter, and I made a framed ganache of Valrhona Guanaja.  I put a chablon on it (both sides), but when I cut it with the guitar, the chablon cracked and ruined a lot of the little squares.  

What is the secret to getting a chablon that I can cleanly cut?  Do I need to use untempered chocolate? Is my layer too thick?

IMG_2670.jpg