• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

In my professional life, I went through a number of "titles". I never took them seriously or used them outside that context.  But the one "title" that really threw me a loop was a young boy one day calling me "Mister"!

I thought I was a boy too!

(Half a century plus later, my heart and soul still think I'm that little boy!)

As to restaurants, my lifestyle and environment and friends require that I do go to places that are clearly not aimed at my generation. It doesn't bother me too much. But I can't stand noise. Not age related;  I never could.

Fortunately, it's the oldies here in China who love the noise. No more fun that going to eat and having a shouting competition. So I'm happy to eat with my younger friends.

liuzhou

liuzhou

In my professional life,I went through a number of "titles". I never took them seriously or used them outside that context.  But the one n"title" that really threw me a loop was a young boy one day calling me "Mister"!

I thought I was a boy too!

(Half a century plus later, my heart and soul still think I'm that little boy!)

AS to restaurants, my lifestyle and environment and friends requires that I do go to places that are clearly not aimed at my generation. It doesn't bother me too much. But I can't stand noise. Not age related;  I never could.

Fortunately, it's the oldies here in China who love the noise. No more fun that going to eat and having a shouting competition. So I'm happy to eat with my younger friends.