• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

7 hours ago, KennethT said:

Thanks. I had read that you could put the rice in ahead of time and use its timer, but the manual says that the results aren't as good. I'd be curious if anyone has tried setting it up and have it turn on about 12 hours later.

I have set mine up to have the rice ready when I get home from work - just fluff it and eat it. Never noticed any reduction in quality.

i am not patient!

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

7 hours ago, KennethT said:

Thanks. I had read that you could put the rice in ahead of time and use its timer, but the manual says that the results aren't as good. I'd be curious if anyone has tried setting it up and have it turn on about 12 hours later.

I have set mine up to have the rice ready when I get home from work - just fluff it and eat it. Never noticed any reduction in quality.