• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

greymatter

greymatter

16 minutes ago, TdeV said:

@greymatter, I tend to like tools, and am fond of really good ones; I figure it shortens the learning curve.

However, the real kicker is that this model rice cooker has a self-clean cycle.

The self cleaning cycle is meant to help clean out the attached lid that does not have a removable ventilation area like the other one has. It's helpful for when cooking things that have spices, milk, or other adjuncts that are not part of the normal rice only cycles. It is not for cleaning the pot or anything like that.

I am interested in that lid setup and how the cleaning works out. Maintenance cleaning is the only thing that has prevented me from jumping into one of the nice rice cookers with pressure systems. Especially for this one without the removable vent area like the other one has.

greymatter

greymatter

10 minutes ago, TdeV said:

@greymatter, I tend to like tools, and am fond of really good ones; I figure it shortens the learning curve.

However, the real kicker is that this model rice cooker has a self-clean cycle.

The self cleaning cycle is meant to help clean out the attached lid that does not have a removable ventilation area like the other one has. It's helpful for when cooking things that have spices, milk, or other adjuncts that are not part of the normal rice only cycles. It is not for cleaning the pot or anything like that.

I am interested in that lid setup and how the cleaning works out. Maintenance cleaning is the only thing that has prevented me from jumping into one the nice rice cookers with pressure systems. Especially for this one without the removable vent area like the other one has.