• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I just finished the first fermentation of my first batch of black tea kombucha.

It's been bottled in beer bottles topped with crown caps and placed in the fridge for probably what will be a couple months to complete the second fermentation—I want it to be keto friendly.

Hope they don't 'splode! gap.gif

I also started the second batch of black tea kombucha—it'll be a full gallon this time.

I've asked my SCOBY source to hold off on shipping the new SCOBY until it warms up a bit!

When I receive it, I'll start the chamomile kombucha.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I just finished the first fermentation of my first batch of kombucha.

It's been bottled in beer bottles topped with crown caps and placed in the fridge for probably what will be a couple months to complete the second fermentation—I want it to be keto friendly.

Hope they don't 'splode! gap.gif

I also started the second batch of black tea kombucha—it'll be a full gallon this time.

I've asked my SCOBY source to hold off on shipping the new SCOBY until it warms up a bit!

When I receive it, I'll start the chamomile kombucha.