• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
DanM

Barcelona with kids

We are heading to Barcelona in February and can use some recommendations. We are traveling with a 7, 9, and 15 month old.

Specifically, I need simple places for lunch or places to pickup for a picnic. Dinner out is unlikely as Spanish dinners are too late for our kids. Vegetarian friendly is a plus. 

Any suggestions for pastries? They are an easy snack for the kids.

Thanks!

Dan

Edited by DanM (log)

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

I haven't been to Barcelona in years, but back then, there was a fantastic store selling small producer jamon iberica de bellota called Jamonissimo.  They had hams from the 4 different regions so you could taste the differences, and had some presliced and packed in a vacuum pack to take with you.  Good for picnics.

I think Jamonisimo closed a few years ago.

Depending on where you''re staying (Barcelona is a big city), but we really liked the Mercat de la Concepcio. Easy enough to pick up great stuff for a picnic. And I'm sure you can do the same at any of the neighborhood mercados.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

mweinstein@eGstaff.org

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I think you're right - some friends were going there a few years ago and I was looking for it for them, but all the info I could find was about stores that closed... Too bad, that place was a gem.  But I do like your idea of the smaller neighborhood mercados... very easy to find good picnic stuff there...

Sign in to follow this