• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How about that Joplin, MO

joiei

Found this newish bbq joint in Joplin, MO and checked it out this weekend.  So worth the trip and time.  Little Pigs, put it on your lunch list when traveling the I-44 or Route 66.  In fact it is located on the original route through Joplin.  Go straight for the burnt ends.  This is not competition be's but what I can think was the original version of this delicacy.  They only sauce a little bit, make their own sauce and that is the only sauce, unless you just have to have ketchup.  Dominic, the guy who owns the place is from KC and cooks KC style bbq.  One reason I like his be"s is they contain bark.  In the meantime, it is supposed to snow overnight.  I was out earlier and it smelt like snow.  I might be involved in a snowball fight later tomorrow with a 3 year old.  Can't wait.  

IMG_0807.JPG

• Like 5

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!