• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
Rajala

Sesame praliné

So I've been trying to find a recipe for sesame praliné. In my mind it's just 50 percent sesame seeds 50 percent sugar, but while searching the web, people seems to use butter and almond? Anyone got a good recipe? Is almond a question about cost or just to get a balanced taste? What's your experience?

1 hour ago, Rajala said:

So I've been trying to find a recipe for sesame praliné. In my mind it's just 50 percent sesame seeds 50 percent sugar, but while searching the web, people seems to use butter and almond? Anyone got a good recipe? Is almond a question about cost or just to get a balanced taste? What's your experience?

Check out Greweling's recipe for sesame squares. He uses sesame paste (tahini) as well as toasted sesame seeds. It is delicious, although cutting it into squares is tricky because of the firmness of the croquant.

2 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Check out Greweling's recipe for sesame squares. He uses sesame paste (tahini) as well as toasted sesame seeds. It is delicious, although cutting it into squares is tricky because of the firmness of the croquant.

Oh, of course there's one in the book. Thanks, will look at that. :) 

Edited by Rajala Spelling (log)

Sign in to follow this