• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

Spelling

Perforated tart frames.

Some people freeze their dough and make perfect strips etc with a ruler. You should also have a perforated silpat and a baking tray to let air go through. Some have pro equipment to make the dough perfect when rolled out.

That's the short story I guess, and technique. Years of practice I guess? And maybe some Photoshop?

You can do pretty good with the right tools, this is my first ever attempt on a tart shell;

image.thumb.png.0c49155871f0c1fefe52d5436689300f.png

Rajala

Rajala

Perforated tart frames.

Some people freeze their though and make perfect strips etc with a ruler. You should also have a perforated silpat and a baking tray to let air go through. Some have pro equipment to make the dough perfect when rolled out.

That's the short story I guess, and technique. Years of practice I guess? And maybe some Photoshop?

You can do pretty good with the right tools, this is my first ever attempt on a tart shell;

image.thumb.png.0c49155871f0c1fefe52d5436689300f.png

Rajala

Rajala

Perforated tart frames.

Some people freeze their though and make perfect strips etc with a ruler. You should also have a perforated silpat and a baking tray to let air go through.

That's the short story I guess, and technique. Years of practice I guess?