• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic.  I do not think I need anything more than EYB.  As you do, I like using the cook books I have and do not like just using internet recipes unless they are from a very trusted source.  So much garbage out there.

I have not bought a lot of cook books in the last few years after I got ill.  I find I have to sift through all the comments on new books to see comments on the books I have at EYB.  Oh well.  I am getting old and really do not need any more books as I haven’t even cooked from quite a few books I have.

i have so many recipes saved on MacGourmet and in various note books I can’t possibly get to taste these before my time.  I am feeling stressed deciding what to cook…just the two of us and my mobility is bad so I have little in the way of energy expenditure.  Weight gain is something I do not want so it is difficult.  I am sure many of our older members are struggling with a reduction in Basal Metabolic Rate and physical activity.  The two components of the energy balance equation.  

I think recipe organization is an interesting topic and open to lots of discussion.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic.  I do not think I need anything more than EYB.  As you do, I like using the cook books I have and do not like just using internet recipes unless they are from a very trusted source.  So much garbage out there.

I have not bought a lot of cook books in the last few years after I got ill.  I find I have to sift through all the comments on new books to see comments on the books I have at EYB.  Oh well.  I am getting old and really do not need any more books as I haven’t even cooked from quite a few books I have.

i have so many recipes saved on MacGourmet and in various note books I can’t possibly get to taste these before my time.  I am feeling stressed deciding what to cook…just the two of us and my mobility is bad so I have little in the way of energy expenditure.  Weight gain is something I do not want so it is difficult.  I am sure many of our older members are struggling with a reduction in Basal Metabolic Rate and physical activity.  The two components of the energy balance equation.  

I think recipe organization is an interest topic and open to lots of discussion.