• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

no10

no10

That's great to hear that the spray booth can accommodate the Fuji's overspray. @Jim D., do you have a Fuji Platinum Q4 or Q5?

The cost associated with replacing the pre-filters is also a concern of mine. @Jim D., do you know approximately how many pre-filters you can cut from the 150 foot filter roll (I would calculate this on my own, but I don't know the dimensions of the fan's opening.)? I'm also curious about the grade number on their filters. They don't provide this information on their website unfortunately. Does anyone know the the size range of cocoa butter overspray particles? 2-6 microns, maybe?

Also, @Jim D.when you say the pre-filters need to be changed after spraying "a few molds", does "a few molds" mean about 3 molds? And is that what you observe when spraying with your Fuji or what you observe when using some other spray system?

Apologies for the many questions. I'm just trying to figure out if this spray system is monetarily sustainable.

no10

no10

That's great to hear that the spray booth can accommodate the Fuji's overspray. @Jim D., do you have a Fuji Platinum Q4 or Q5?

The cost associated with replacing the pre-filters is also a concern of mine. @Jim D., do you know approximately how many pre-filters you can cut from the 150 foot filter roll (I would calculate this on my own, but I don't know the dimensions of the fan's opening.)? I'm also curious about the grade number on their filters. They don't provide this information on their website unfortunately. Does anyone know the the size range of cocoa butter overspray particles? 2-6 microns, maybe?

Also, @Jim D.when you say the pre-filters need to be changed after spraying "a few molds", does "a few molds" mean about 3 molds? And is that what you observe when spraying with your Fuji or what you observe when using some other spray system?

Apologies for the many questions. I'm just trying to figure out if this spray system is monetarily sustainable or if installing a ventilation hood makes more sense in the long run.