• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

22 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Perhaps you should also head to a spice supplier, because you have available many other ingredients for Indian cooking at home. You were most helpful to me when I asked about Indian Vegetables I was ignorant of. Turns out that many of those are also available in China.

I love Indian food too. Most of it looks like a dog's dinner, but it sure tastes good.

The vegetation is similar and there are many in common. Most spices not at all.

I can buy "Indian" spices, but only by the kilo and at exorbitant prices.

Anyway back to Chris and his torturous posts!

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Perhaps you should also head to a spice supplier, because you have available many other ingredients for Indian cooking at home. You were most helpful to me when I asked about Indian Vegetables I was ignorant of. Turns out that many of those are also available in China.

I love Indian food too. Most of it looks like a dog's dinner, but it sure tastes good.

The vegetation is similar and many in common. Most spices not at all.

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

They vegetation is similar and many in common. Most spices not at all.

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

They vegetation is similar and many in common. Most spices not at all.