• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

I had no idea what 辣子鸡 là zi jī is so I turned to Google and it didn't let me down. Sounds interesting, may have to give it a shot. I do love a good challenge when it comes to chiles. It used to be one of our favorite pastimes at work until the coworker who was my main partner in crime in that endeavor passed away in a car accident several months ago. Haven't really had the heart for it at work since. I know the chiles are not really meant to be eaten in some dishes but I find them impossible to resist. I always eat them.

辣子鸡 là zi jī is one of my all-time favourites. I cook it often and have posted it on the Dinner topic more than once, for example here (with preparation steps). This is one dish where I think you really do need the right peppers.

I don't recommend eating the chillies. Not only because of the heat. The short cooking time means that they never fully rehydrate so remain quite dry and unpalatable.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

I had no idea what 辣子鸡 là zi jī is so I turned to Google and it didn't let me down. Sounds interesting, may have to give it a shot. I do love a good challenge when it comes to chiles. It used to be one of our favorite pastimes at work until the coworker who was my main partner in crime in that endeavor passed away in a car accident several months ago. Haven't really had the heart for it at work since. I know the chiles are not really meant to be eaten in some dishes but I find them impossible to resist. I always eat them.

辣子鸡 là zi jī is one of all-time favourites. I cook it often and have posted it on the Dinner topic more than once, for example here (with preparation steps). This is one dish where I think you really do need the right peppers.

I don't recommend eating the chillies. Not only because of the heat. The short cooking time means that they never fully rehydrate so remain quite dry and unpalatable.