• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

As I mentioned above, I tried a sweet potato version of the mashed rutabaga with watercress and watercress butter from Six Seasons p 366

IMG_1659.thumb.jpeg.b943f3803495447d4d6e87af9be8024d.jpeg

I like the texture that the watercress stems added to the mash and the contrast between the sweet mash and sharply flavored greens.  I'll keep my eye out for an actual rutabaga but this is certainly a recipe that can adapt to most any root vegetable - plain Jane potatoes included.  Add that to McFadden's suggestion that the butter can be made with other herbs or tender greens and the variations are endless. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

As I mentioned above, I tried a sweet potato version of the mashed rutabaga with watercress and watercress butter from Six Seasons p 366

IMG_1659.thumb.jpeg.b943f3803495447d4d6e87af9be8024d.jpeg

I like the texture that the watercress stems added to the mash.  I'll keep my eye out for an actual rutabaga but this is certainly a recipe that can adapt to most any root vegetable - plain Jane potatoes included.  Add that to McFadden's suggestion that the butter can be made with other herbs or tender greens and the variations are endless.