• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to fix photo

On 1/10/2018 at 1:28 AM, ProfessionalHobbit said:

I have this book but haven't made much from it. 

Might join in once we move past the winter season here in CA.

I'll look forward to that.  Down here in So Cal, we're getting into spring.  Broccoli, Cauliflower & relatives are at their peak - they're featured in the mid summer chapter of the book but they will be long gone around here if I wait that long!

A variation on the Crispy Sugar Snap Peas with Tonnato & Lemon from Six Seasons p 124.

IMG_6794.thumb.jpg.46d2eda16363fe961f3c3aa54b092ab8.jpg

The recipe calls for deep frying the sugar snaps in a light batter. I'm sure they would be delicious but I'm not particularly good at deep frying (I was also a little afraid of them filling up with hot oil) and so I gave these a quick steam/stir fry to give them some color but maintain their crispness, squeezed the lemon juice over them right in the pan and served with the tonnato sauce. Yum!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

17 hours ago, ProfessionalHobbit said:

I have this book but haven't made much from it. 

Might join in once we move past the winter season here in CA.

I'll look forward to that.  Down here in So Cal, we're getting into spring.  Broccoli, Cauliflower & relatives are at their peak - they're featured in the mid summer chapter of the book but they will be long gone around here if I wait that long!

A variation on the Crispy Sugar Snap Peas with Tonnato & Lemon from Six Seasons p 124.

IMG_6791.thumb.jpg.7d5eeccb57c86d476681d2f834053aa5.jpg

The recipe calls for deep frying the sugar snaps in a light batter. I'm sure they would be delicious but I'm not particularly good at deep frying (I was also a little afraid of them filling up with hot oil) and so I gave these a quick steam/stir fry to give them some color but maintain their crispness, squeezed the lemon juice over them right in the pan and served with the tonnato sauce. Yum!