• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add missing photo

As I do when I'm up here in northern NY, I ventured out to take a scenic sunrise photo to share with you, along with my breakfast.  

Here is the view over Lake Champlain at sunrise (5:10 AM) today.  Apparently I didn't bother to focus but I don't think it would have made much of a difference.  61°F, rain and gusty winds. 

IMG_8117.thumb.jpg.e07c8ed4e23bf2f7f3b3c134aea73cf7.jpg

Back inside, I made a pot of coffee and nibbled on a slice of espresso walnut loaf cake (recipe here) that I'd stashed in my bag as emergency provisions

IMG_0861.thumb.JPG.fb09c9a0227fbc080cb8c3671659ad09.JPG

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add missing photo

As I do when I'm up here in northern NY, I ventured out to take a scenic sunrise photo to share with you, along with my breakfast.  

Here is the view over Lake Champlain at sunrise (5:10 AM) today.  Apparently I didn't bother to focus but I don't think it would have made much of a difference - 61°F, rain and gusty winds. 

Back inside, I made a pot of coffee and nibbled on a slice of espresso walnut loaf cake (recipe here) that I'd stashed in my bag as emergency provisions

IMG_0861.thumb.JPG.fb09c9a0227fbc080cb8c3671659ad09.JPG

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Here is the view over Lake Champlain at sunrise (5:10 AM) today.  Apparently I didn't bother to focus but I don't think it would have made much of a difference - 61°F, rain and gusty winds.