• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This morning, I came up with a cracking new breakfast idea that has probably never been tried before. I cracked an egg into a bowl, brought some H²O to 100ºC, then turned off the heat. Used whisk to create a vortex in the sub-boiling H²O and dropped in the egg. After a couple of minutes, I fished out the said egg and plopped it onto a half of one of my favourite flat bread buns.

20180409_100538.thumb.jpg.f3c9f0a1ed41cd6d262200a1d12f860a.jpg

The egg looks fully set, but there is an orgasmic joy when you cut into it and the yolk rushes out to moisten your bread. You may, at this point add salt and pepper or condiment of you choosing. A splash of whisky works well.

20180409_100613.thumb.jpg.c59c5ba7fb4b7c29c41dd4fbcf25d41f.jpg

I have decided to call it a poached egg. I hereby enter this nomenclature into the public domain as a service to the eG membership.

It should, of course, be served with a mug of strong black coffee or preferably a bottle of champagne. Or both. Choice of national flag is optional. Choice of egg source is also optional. I used duck, but quail, pigeon, chicken, turtle, penguin, goose, emu and panda are all acceptable.

This recipe feeds one. It may be repeated as necessitated by numbers or appetite, but I insist on one bottle of champagne per egg. You know it makes sense.

20180409_100552.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

This morning, I came up with a cracking new breakfast idea that has probably never been tried before. I cracked an egg into a bowl, brought some H²O to 100ºC, then turned off the heat. Used whisk to create a vortex in the sub-boiling H²O and dropped in the egg. After a couple of minutes, I fished out the said egg and plopped it onto a half of one of my favourite flat bread buns.

The egg looks fully set, but there is an orgasmic joy, when you cut into it and the yolk rushes out to moisten your bread. You may, at this point add salt and pepper or condiment of you choosing.

I have decided to call it a poached egg. I hereby enter this nomenclature into the public domain as a service to the eG membership.

It should, of course, be served with a mug of strong black coffee or preferably a bottle of champagne. Or both. Choice of national flag is optional. Choice of egg source is also optional. I used duck, but quail, pigeon, chicken, turtle, penguin, goose, emu and panda are all acceptable.

This recipe feeds one. It may be repeated as necessitated by numbers or appetite, but I insist on one bottle of champagne per egg. You know it makes sense.

20180409_100552.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

The egg looks fully set, but there is an orgasmic joy, when you cut into it and the yolk rushes out to moisten your bread. You may, at this point add salt and pepper or condiment of you choosing.

20180409_100552.jpg