• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, rarerollingobject said:

Easter Sunday breakfast in this household; homemade lup cheong (Chinese pork belly, rock sugar and rose wine dried sausages) steamed with rice and drizzled with dark soy sauce and shallot oil; zombie coffee.

Love those on rice. I remmber when I did bok choy steamed with them for an Easter buffet and my god-daughter and Viet mom almost wept with pleasure. The rice was more Carib/Malay with split peas, coconut milk and saffron....  Cool you made your own

heidih

heidih

54 minutes ago, rarerollingobject said:

Easter Sunday breakfast in this household; homemade lup cheong (Chinese pork belly, rock sugar and rose wine dried sausages) steamed with rice and drizzled with dark soy sauce and shallot oil; zombie coffee.

Love those on rice. I remmber when I did bok choy steamed withthem for an Easter buffet and my god-daughter and Viet mom almost wept with pleasure. The rice was more Carib/Malay with splt peas, coconut milk and saffron....  Cool you mad your own