• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

On 7/2/2018 at 7:26 PM, Okanagancook said:

Norm, your ribs are always to die for!!! Congratulations.  Do you get the meat from a special butcher every time or is it totally your technique no matter how the meat is?

These ribs were on sale at the grocery store for $7.00. Purchase was more of less an impulse buy.  I used to get brisket at a butcher shop but not since I found I can get prime at Costco for a less than half what he charges for choice.

ps, I give credit to my smoker for the results I get.  It was made in Oklahoma by Horizon. 

pps. Thank you for the compliment.

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Norm, your ribs are always to die for!!! Congratulations.  Do you get the meat from a special butcher every time or is it totally your technique no matter how the meat is?

These ribs were on sale at the grocery store for $7.00. Purchase was more of less an impulse buy.  I used to get brisket at a butcher shop but not since I found I can get prime at Costco for a less than half what he charges for choice.

ps, I give credit to my smoker for the results I get.  It was made in Oklahoma by Horizon. 

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews