• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

11 hours ago, kayb said:

Well? Details, pls!

1/2 cup Ken's Italian dressing, 1 entire head of garlic, peeled and chopped, 1 heaping TBS smoked paprika, the zest and juice of one large lemon, 1 heaping TSP kosher salt, 1 heaping TSP freshly ground black pepper, 5 TBS Crystal Hot Sauce. Zip this all up with an immersion blender, then add three chopped green onions and mix well.

Tightly truss the chicken and put it butt side up, in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture into the bag, making sure you fill the body cavity with this marinade. I did this first thing, when I got home with the bird from Aldi. Turn the bag on a regular basis, to ensure complete marination. On my gas grill,  I locate the bird in the middle, on the rotisserie and fire up all three flames. Once it gets up to 400 F, I turn off the middle burner and adjust the flames to maintain 375 F. This bird was just about five pounds, and took just short of 2 1/2 hours, and was basted with the marinade every 20 minutes.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

11 hours ago, kayb said:

Well? Details, pls!

1/2 cup Ken's Italian dressing, 1 entire head of garlic, peeled and chopped, 1 heaping TBS smoked paprika, the zest and juice of one large lemon, 1 heaping TSP kosher salt, 1 heaping TSP freshly ground black pepper, 5 TBS Crystal Hot Sauce. Zip this all up with an immersion blender, then add three chopped green onions and mix well.

Tightly truss the chicken and put it butt side up, in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture into the bag, making sure you fill the body cavity with this marinade. I did this first thing, when I got home with the bird from Aldi. Turn the bag on a regular basis, to ensure complete marination. On my gas grill,  I locate the bird in the middle, on the rotisserie and fire up all three flames. Once it gets up to 400 F, I turn off the middle burner and adjust the flames to maintain 375 F. This bird was just about five pounds, and took just short of 2 1/2 hours, and was basted with the marinade every 2 minutes.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

1 hour ago, kayb said:

Well? Details, pls!

Tightly truss the chicken and put it butt side up, in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture into the bag, making sure you fill the body cavity with this marinade. I did this first thing, when I got home with the bird from Aldi. Turn the bag on a regular basis, to ensure complete marination. On my gas grill,  I locate the bird in the middle, on the rotisserie and fire up all three flames. Once it gets up to 400 F, I turn off the middle burner and adjust the flames to maintain 375 F. This bird was just about five pounds, and took just short of 2 1/2 hours.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

1 hour ago, kayb said:

Well? Details, pls!

Tightly truss the chicken and put it butt side up, in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture unto the bag, making sure you fill the body cavity with this marinade. I did this first thing, when I got home with the bird from Aldi. Turn the bag on a regular basis, to ensure complete marination. On my gas grill,  I locate the bird in the middle, on the rotisserie and fire up all three flames. Once it gets up to 400 F, I turn off the middle burner and adjust the flames to maintain 375 F. This bird was just about five pounds, and took just short of 2 1/2 hours.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

44 minutes ago, kayb said:

Well? Details, pls!

Tightly truss the chicken and put it butt side up, in a sealable plastic bag. Pour the mixture unto the bag, making sure you fill the body cavity with this marinade. I did this first thing, when I got home with the bird from Aldi. Turn the bag on a regular basis, to ensure complete marination. On my gas grill,  I locate the bird in the middle, on the rotisserie and fire up all three flames. Once it gets up to 400 F, I turn off the middle burner. This bird was just about five pounds, and took just short of 2 1/2 hours.

HC