• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

to add scallions.

What you eat when it was 99 degrees with 94 percent humidity, when you got home at 3 after being on the road all day:

20180628_182722.thumb.jpg.5e52d08339c8da150d67bbed9102701f.jpg

Chicken salad, marinated veggies, and sliced tomatoes.

Love this marinated veggies/refrigerated pickles recipe. Keeps forever, and o periodically add any hard veggie to the brine, which is vinegar, sugar and fresh thyme and oregano. This has cucumbers, onions, carrots and radishes. Chicken salad has shredded chicken breast, Greek yogurt, mayo, scallions, smoked paprika and cumin. I usually put chopped bacon, but I forgot.

kayb

kayb

What you eat when it was 99 degrees with 94 percent humidity, when you got home at 3 after being on the road all day:

20180628_182722.thumb.jpg.5e52d08339c8da150d67bbed9102701f.jpg

Chicken salad, marinated veggies, and sliced tomatoes.

Love this marinated veggies/refrigerated pickles recipe. Keeps forever, and o periodically add any hard veggie to the brine, which is vinegar, sugar and fresh thyme and oregano. This has cucumbers, onions, carrots and radishes. Chicken salad has shredded chicken breast, Greek yogurt, mayo, smoked paprika and cumin. I usually put chopped bacon, but I forgot.