• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Linguini with white clam sauce. These were clams I dug just a few days ago. The $20, 1 year license is one of the best bargains going in my book and I get out there every chance I get. We will probably have linguica stuffed clams tomorrow and I think Deb likes them more than I do, which is hard to believe. This sauce is a mixture of diced, peeled garlic (at least a whole head), fresh chopped parsley, cilantro and basil. Simmer the garlic in about a half cup of decent olive oil, (do not brown). Add about a cup of dry white wine, about a half cup each, of chopped parsley, chopped cilantro and a TBS of dried basil. Simmer this mixture for a few minutes, then blend with an immersion blender until well blended and reduce the volume to half at a slow simmer.

To this mixture, add about a half cup of chopped, raw clams and turn up the heat of the pasta water. When the pasta water is at a rolling boil and the clam sauce is at a simmer, add about twenty tiny whole clams to the simmering clam sauce and enough linguini fini to the boiling pasta water for two people, plus enough for a lunch. The clams should be open about the same time the pasta is done. After that, just follow your instincts.

HC

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.c0c53d6b1ea9ba2c7e77aba6e02c9118.JPGIMG_0699.thumb.JPG.f25e228c8a5f8ee99aaf22bec86c1f83.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Linguini with white clam sauce. These were clams I dug just a few days ago. The $20, 1 year license is one of the best bargains going in my book and I get out there every chance I get. We will probably have linguica stuffed clams tomorrow and I think Deb likes them more than I do, which is hard to believe. This sauce is a mixture of diced, peeled garlic (at least a whole head), fresh chopped parsley, cilantro and basil. Simmer the garlic in about a half cup of decent olive oil, (do not brown). Add about a cup of dry white wine, about a half cup each, of chopped parsley, chopped cilantro and a TBS of dried basil. Simmer this mixture for a few minutes, then blend with an immersion blender until well blended and reduce the volume to half at a slow simmer.

To this mixture, add about a half cup of chopped, raw clams and turn up the heat of the pasta water. When the pasta water is at a rolling boil and the clam sauce is at a simmer, add about twenty tiny whole clams to the simmering clam sauce and enough linguini fini to the boiling pasta water for two people, plus enough for a lunch. The clams should be open about the same time the pasta is done. After that, just follow your instincts.

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.c0c53d6b1ea9ba2c7e77aba6e02c9118.JPGIMG_0699.thumb.JPG.f25e228c8a5f8ee99aaf22bec86c1f83.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Linguini with white clam sauce. These were clams I dug just a few days ago. The $20, 1 year license is one of the best bargains going in my book and I get out there every chance I get. We will probably have linguica stuffed clams tomorrow and I think Deb likes them more than I do, which is hard to believe.