• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I saw an oven recipe for Baby back ribs by Alton Brown today.  It had a rub, mop and sauce that looked interesting.  I never thought I'd ever do ribs in the oven, especially not on a nice day, when my smoker is ready and I have a stack or apple wood but I decided to try the recipe as written first.  That is up until the end.  The sauce didn't thicken so I added some KC Masterpiece which I don't care much for but my son likes it. In the end,  I decided I like my old way better.  I did not plan ahead to make Brussels sprouts, I just got some on a whim a while back and decided I'd better do something with them before it was too late.  Same with a very small amount of broccoli which i threw in as well.

20180315_174909.thumb.jpg.06ef2de56b2f4b62aac7da9d6a9db0ae.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I saw an oven recipe for Baby back ribs by Alton Brown today.  It had a rub, mop and sauce that looked interesting.  I never thought I'd ever do ribs in the oven on a nice day outside, when my smoker is ready and I have a stack or apple wood but I decided to try the recipe as written first.  That is up until the end.  The sauce didn't thicken so I added some KC Masterpiece which I don't care much for but my son likes it. In the end,  I decided I like my old way better.  I did not plan ahead to make Brussels sprouts, I just got some on a whim a while back and decided I'd better do something with them before it was too late.  Same with a very small amount of broccoli which i threw in as well.

20180315_174909.thumb.jpg.06ef2de56b2f4b62aac7da9d6a9db0ae.jpg